Monday, May 7, 2012

Destination: Lifelong Memories

This is the first post in my new travel blog.  In the past, I've made several attempts to blog about things that I enjoy, i.e. books, movies, tennis, etc.  However, after several (or just one) posts, they went wayside to the land of forgotten efforts.  The truth is there was little to no benefit of having a blog of those such things, to me or to anyone else.

During my annual reevaluation process of goals, I mentioned that I wanted to "Travel, travel, travel (and start a travel journal".  Only now, almost half a year later, have I decided to make it happen.  Why, you may ask?  I am planning a pretty big trip this fall to Maui, and I have been searching the internet for websites on the best things to do, places to go, and deals to be had.  Commercial websites are good at getting information once you already decide what to do, but they don't give you an idea of what it's really like.  Next stop are the review websites like Frommers, Yelp, Travel Advisor, etc.  Those are little bit better, but still not the full picture.  My plan from there was to check out travel blogs.  I want the full picture of what other traveler's vacations were like.  Bingo!  This is what I want.

Maybe it's just a fear of bad karma, but I believe in paying it forward.  Maybe one day, someone like me will be searching blogs for the exact same thing and stumble across my travels.  I really hope so, and I hope they like what they find.

No comments:

Post a Comment