Monday, January 14, 2013

Prep for a weekend in Québec City

Well, the last few days have certainly thrown a wrench in my mental preparation for staying overnight in a hotel made of ice and snow as it is currently 60 degrees and sunny here in Boston.  Nevertheless, I am ready to make my journey 6 hours north into Canada and the only walled city in North America north of Mexico, Québec City! 

I plan to start the drive early Saturday morning so that I reached the city around 1pm.  From there, I hope to get some time in to explore my surroundings before spending a few hours on a food tour of Saint Jean-Baptiste.  After stuffing myself with crepes and other delicacies, I will drive just outside the city to the Hôtel de Glace for a night on a bed of ice.

If I am not a frozen Popsicle by the next morning, I hope to find my way to Aventures Nord-Bec Stoneham for a dog sledding lesson and an hour trekking through the snow.  That afternoon, I hope to explore the old town of Québec City and eventually find my way to a wonderful Québecois dining establishment. 

I will most likely end my weekend with a breakfast crepe before driving back down to Boston.  Hopefully all goes according to plan and stay posted for the post-trip details!

2/26/2013 Update:  A link was sent to me recently with more helpful information on how to prepare for a stay in the ice hotel.  I want to pass it along to all of you in hopes that you are better prepared than I was!  Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment