Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015 in Summary

It’s that time again to reflect on my travels from the last year and re-live some of my fondest memories.  This is my favorite post to write each year because I go back and re-read about all of my trips with a big smile of my face.  The first quarter of the year was pretty quiet.  I was supposed to go for a weekend in the White Mountains in February, but due to the massive amount of snow we got in New England, I postponed my trip.

I finally got out of Boston at the end of March when I headed to China for 9 days.  With time spent between Beijing, Xi’an, and Shanghai, I got a good mix of traditional and modern life.   Some of the highlights from that trip were walking on The Great Wall, eating Peking Duck, seeing the Terracotta Warriors, and having a tea tasting in a beautiful tea house.

Several people came to visit me this year instead of me going to see them, but I did manage to sneak away for a weekend at the Omni Mt. Washington in New Hampshire in May and ride the Cog!  I loved the scenery so much up there last year, I’m planning to go up again for a weekend this winter.

I went home for a weekend in June to celebrate my birthday with my family, but did not blog about the trip.  The following July, I went out to Indianapolis to visit my brother and sister-in-law and see the city when it wasn’t freezing out!  We spent one day touring the Indy Wine Trail and the next riding NASCAR stock cars at the Speedway.  It was such a fun trip!

At the end of July, I went on a Caribbean cruise with a large group of family members.  I didn’t blog about this trip either, but it was a lot of fun and an easy way to transport so many people to a couple different locations.  My favorite part of that trip was taking my nieces to climb Dunns River Falls in Jamaica.

September I drove my car onto the Cross Sound Ferry headed from Connecticut to Long Island for a weekend of wine tasting.  Between all the vino, great weather, and fresh produce, I definitely packed on some pounds.  I will be headed back to Long Island again this year for a wedding and even more wine tasting!

One trip I had been planning since the beginning of last year finally came about in October.  A group of my girlfriends and myself all flew out to Napa for wine, food, and an awesome hot air balloon ride!  We managed to spend a day in San Francisco as well and take a go cart around the city.

I’ve travelled a lot in November in past years.  The flights are cheap and you can usually find good deals at hotels and short lines at attractions.  This year I went to London.  Sadly, I didn’t see the queen.

As usual, I spent a few weeks with family back in Pennsylvania in December.  It’s always nice to be home during the holiday season.

I’m looking forward to see how 2016 will compare!!  Safe Travels, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment