Friday, November 9, 2012

Less Than 2 Weeks Until Ireland

My 4 day trip to Ireland is less than 2 weeks away.  I can't believe it is so soon!  I have spent a few days here and there trying to come up with an itinerary, but I still have a lot of holes.  This is mostly because one of the first things I'm planning on doing when I arrive on Thursday is a free city tour with Sandemans walking tour of Dublin the first day, but I'm not 100% what we will cover.  My main questions are whether or not I'll want to go back and spend more time at any of the locations we visit.  Because it is a free tour, I doubt we'll do anything that requires payment, so no Book of Kells at Trinity College or Kilmainham Gaol - the Alzatraz of Dublin.   


Some of the things I definitely know I will be doing are:
  • Eating lots of authentic food including cornish pasties, shepherds pie, and Guinness stew
  • Drink a lot, including Guinness from the Guiness Storehouse, Whiskey from the Jameson Distillery, and Irish Coffee with Baileys.
  • A lot of walking...Hello Europe!
I will also be spending a day on a Viator tour to the west coast to see Limerick, the Cliffs of Moher, Doolin, The Burren National Park, and Galways Bay.

If anyone has any suggestions on pubs or how to spend my evenings in Dublin while I'm there, I'd love to hear it!  I can't wait for this trip!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great time! Take lots of pictures to share :) I have a friend over that way I will get in contact with to see if he has any suggestions about different things to see or do for you

    ReplyDelete