Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 25


We started off the day with a pit stop at La Gaufre, today was the day I was getting my waffle. We arrive and I order a waffle with nutella and bananas…YUMM!! It was 7:50 so we allotted plenty of time to eat. Little did we know that the waffle machine was not warmed up..CC and I order cappuccinos, shes eating her pastry, its 8:15 and still no waffle. Five minutes later after realizing we were not making it to rotation on time, my waffle was done. And it was worth it. SO worth it. I may go back, I promise pictures will follow soon!

We get to rotation 10 minutes late and it seemed like no one even noticed. We had to give a presentation today at 12 so we basically did nothing until then other than talk about how excited we were for our upcoming wkd trip! We gave our presentation that seemed to go well and we even had copies of the slides translated in Italian for everyone to follow along. We are too cute! We got to leave right after that and went to Cibus to grab a quick lunch before finishing packing.

Cibus was literally a hop skip from our apartment and we ordered a pizza (margherita since we were so overwhelmed by the process of ordering) and literally watched the man make it and throw it into a brick oven. It came out and was looking absolutely delicious! We made it a “take away” order (their version of to go) and CC complained the whole way home about how hungry she was and how she wanted a piece now. It was also, worth the wait.

So we pack after eating, shower, and are ready to go to the airport to go to Naples. We agreed to go super early since we were unsure how the check in process would go. So we get there..3 hours early…We go to check in and the screen freezes on CC’s name and would not let us click that she was older than 18. We opted to go to the person shortly after and check in took about 10 minutes…now what? We go through security and I am wearing little baby flats. Here we don’t have to take off our shoes, success. CC goes through and has no problem. Its my turn and I walk through and the buzzer goes off. I couldn’t figure out what it was until the man told me to take off my shoes. I wanted to tell him it wasn’t my shoes, but I didn’t know how to say that in Italian. So; I agree and take off my shoes. And apparently it was my little baby flats. I guess they have metal in them?

We were in the smallest airport alive. There were not even any shops we could have gone to. So we decide to sit at a restaurant since we didn’t know when we would be eating again. We got salads and spaghetti thinking it was the safest option. CC finally got spaghetti and tomato sauce and I ordered the Carbonara. We would have probably preferred to go hungry.

Now feeling sick to our stomachs from the below par food, we sit at the gate and stare at each other until it is time to board. We board and walk to the airplane (smallest airplane) and people were giving their carry-ons to store underneath the plane. I see CC’s frantic face that I have now grown accustomed to and already knew what the problem was. I tried to tell her I have done this before, but she was convinced her luggage was not going to make it. So she stared out the window until we took off convinced her bag was not on the plane.

We make it to Naples, yes with both of our bags, and get to Le Cheminee Business Hotel. We had to ring a doorbell to get in while CC stared into tiny camera oblivious to what it was, they had to know we are American…. The hotel was super nice, super super nice. Everything was technologically advanced with our card serving as a light switch. Our room was very nice too with again one large bed to share, we have gotten too close on this trip. We get ready for bed and I get ready for a shower. Let me tell you about this shower… It was just a glass square. A tiny glass square. A tiny glass square with the tiniest opening I have ever seen! Im not the skinniest person, but MY GOD. I squeeze myself in there only to find out when I put my hands on my head to wash my hair, my elbows touch both sides of the glass. How am I supposed to do this? Well, in fact, it is impossible. My body hit the lever about 10 times. After about the 5th time of me screaming, I hear CC laughing in the background. I am appreciative of her concern snuggled in bed. Well, hope I got my conditioner out because I ended that nonsense early.


No comments:

Post a Comment