Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 26



We wake up SO excited to go to Capri. We are all cutely dressed for a warm, sunny, gorgeous day. We go to breakfast and all of a sudden feel the breath of COLD air. CC almost immediately gets goose bumps on her legs, why is this girl wearing shorts? We knew we may have a problem. Our driver, who has beautiful eyes, comes to get us for our tour shortly after and we drive for a solid 30 minutes until we get to the port to meet our guide. We get on the boat and look behind us to see where the guide would like us to sit and she is nowhere to be found. Um, what? Where is she?! We thought she would come back, but she never did. Guess we are seeing Capri on our own today.

The boat which looked more like a bus on the inside starts going and going and I am starting to feel so nauseous. I am glad I brought my bonine. I go to take one and decide one whole one is too much. So I break it in half, hmmm still too much. So I break it into a fourth…well crumbs of a fourth as CC would say since I did not do my best work. We start nearing Capri and see clouds, uh oh. We make it out of the boat and feel that it is somewhat warm so we should be ok. We find our guide (finally) and she tells us we are taking a bus up the winding mountain up to Anacapri. So we get on the bus and find ourselves amidst a Japanese tour. The guide is speaking into a mic into their ear pieces and we have the pleasure of sitting right next to her. This is going to be a long one. We make it up the mountain somehow without headaches and the guide gives us an hour until lunch to either go up on a chair lift to the highest peak of the mountain or stroll around the shopping area. We chose the chair lift even though she warned us how cold it is 4 different times.

CC, an avid skier, had no problem with the thought of going on a 13 minutes chair lift, I on the other hand, was a little worried. I watch CC do it and it doesn’t look so bad. I go to wait on the square and proceed to tell the man that I was scared. He said NO NO NO and I replied SI SI SI.
I wasn’t ready for the chair because of our little convo. He grabs my hand and throws me in. CC described my face as one of the petrified looks she has ever seen. She said that my already big eyes were the widest shes ever seen them and that I looked like the definition of scared. And I was for a minute or two because then I also realized there was no latch…sweet. But after a little it was fun! Well sorta because then I got bored and just bothered CC for the last 10 minutes of the lift. She said she wanted to enjoy her alone time. PSHH there is no alone time here, is she crazy! It was the longest we have been separated the entire time here!

We get up to the top and realize her shorts and my tshirt were a bad choice. It also starts to rain; however, THE VIEW WAS AMAZING! The sun was shining through the clouds and casting a scattered light onto the water. It was just spectacular. We took more pictures than we probably should have, but it was seriously beautiful.

We make it back down to the town center and go to lunch, which was delicious as well. I even got to drink from the little baby wine bottles! So cute and so good! I drank the whole thing so I was kinda tipsy by the end. We left Anacapri to go back to Capri on yet another Japanese tour bus. Capri was so cute and such a nice town. The alleyways were all narrow so cars weren’t allowed. The shops there were outrageously expensive, but I did find my little baby flats!!!! AND THEY HAD MY SIZE!!!! Its unheard of around Palermo, so it’s a good good day =)

The last part of the tour was supposed to be the blue grotto but the tide was too high so we were not able to go in it. Instead, we did a boat tour around the island. At this point the sun had come out and was gorgeous. We got to see other various grottos and learn a little history about the island! There are a LOT of famous people who have villas and yachts there, we plan to come back and meet up with them! Lol We even went through the tunnel of love. It is said that if you kiss someone while going under the tunnel that you will have everlasting love. Well, we blew kisses so there is no tearing us apart. We made it this long without killing each other, so eternity should be no problem.

We make it back to Naples exhausted and wait for my family to come pick us up! We are going to BAGNOLI!!! My home home town =)! We wait maybe 5 minutes and call them to see where they were and it was perfect timing since they were just pulling up! Ponuchu and Mario (my cousins) get out of the car and the traditional two kisses are exchanged. We sit down and the conversation begins. I am NOT ready for this. I am not fluent… what was I thinking! Is this a good idea? I mean CC is not going to understand anything but hello, eat, do you understand and pants! I struggle withthe convo and the car goes silent for a while. Soon Mario starts making phone calls. A LOT of phone calls. I am picking up words like EAT, TONIGHT, are you coming. Oh lordyyy, how big is this going to be. I look over and CC has the terrified look again. Oh boy. I ask her why, and she said she is nervous. I tried to calm her down, but I don’t think it worked. We get into town, and nothing looks familiar. We go inside and everyone was there! Yay! Also, the table was set. Dinner time. We had an amazing risotto with tartufo (truffles), roast beef and potatoes and mozzarella. We were stuffed! Francesca pointed to the new mayonnaise and ketchup bottles on the table. Ponuchu made her order them off the internet because that’s what they thought “americans” liked. Sweet thought, but we didn’t touch them the whole weekend. Lol People kept talking and I was answering but in fragmented sentences. They were also talking to CC, even though I told them she doesn’t understand. So I tried to translate the best I could lol. Then came the Tiramisu… The BEST tiramisu CC and I have ever tasted. We actually had it once a day for dessert and were not mad about it! Sooo good!

We were exhausted then I thought I heard Francesca say, go get your things. WHAT? It is 10 pm  and we are ready for bed. Apparently my family is not! This weekend was the chestnut and truffle festival and despite the cold and the rain, we were going. They laughed at my sandals and CC’s shorts, so we changed into the warmest things we had. Not good enough. I ended up getting a knitted blue sweater and CC got a white hoodie. Guess our cute clothes aren’t going to get much wear this weekend, and I spent a lot of time picking out my outfits, like too much time. So we go, in the rain. Thank goodness we brought our umbrellas. Although we just ate, they kept giving us cheese from the stands. Don’t get me wrong it was GOOD cheese, but we just ate a 4 course meal. The one cheese we wanted to know the name of, so I asked. They kept saying formaggio di pegora. I never heard of pegora cheese. Then my cousin starts going “Bahhhhh Bahhh”. Well then, I guess it’s a cheese from a sheep with no name. We move on.

I accidently mentioned marco polo, this gelato place that I vividly remember from my younger years. MISTAKE. They want to buy us gelato now. Ummmm, I want to explode. Poor CC says No, grazie. Too late Ponuchu already went to pay. We are all getting cones. It was really good though. CC said it was the best strawberry she had (this means a lot because that flavor is half of every cup she gets!) We go on our way for a little long with our wet feet, then go home for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! I am dieing from laughing at this post. I can just imagine them trying to explain sheep's milk cheese to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina! We just found this blog and had no idea that you commented on these, but cc and I are loving the comments now 😂

    ReplyDelete